Whatever your holiday plans, it’s easy to bring something special to the table. In fact, today we’re putting side dishes in the spotlight, guaranteed to dazzle (even when you’re in a dash).
From bright salads to buttery breads, here are some of our favorite sides for the holidays!
11 Simple Holiday Side Dishes
- Caprese Candy Cane. Deck out your holiday table with slices of fresh mozzarella and tomatoes, arranged in the shape of a candy cane.
Sprinkle with fresh basil leaves, and serve Aged Balsamic Vinegar of Modena or Balsamic & Basil Dipping Oil on the side. Perfect for entertaining, it’s such a festive side dish or party appetizer!
- Cherry Bacon Brussels Sprouts. With smoky bacon and sweet-tart cherries, these savory sprouts are absolutely delicious for holiday dinners.
- Mulled Cranberry Sauce. Stir up this gorgeous sauce on your stovetop, simmering with warm spices, fresh cranberries and a sprinkle of brown sugar. (That’s it – only three ingredients!)
- Creamy Wild Rice Stuffing. For a new twist on a classic side, stir up this savory five-star stuffing, perfect for the holidays. So comforting and delicious, everyone will think you made it completely from scratch!
- Rustic Parmesan Twists. Fill your bread basket with these buttery and oh-so-flaky breadsticks, sprinkled with rustic herbs and shredded Parmesan. Easy and elegant, they pair perfectly with virtually any holiday dish.
- Bayou Bourbon Green Beans. Crisp-tender green beans. Crunchy almonds. Smoky-sweet bourbon sauce. So quick and simple, these succulent green beans are ready in 15 minutes flat.
Serve with your holiday ham, turkey, pasta, shrimp or even crab legs.
- Garlic Pepper Mashed Potatoes. Pass the potatoes! The whole family will love these creamy potatoes, loaded with garlic, butter and white Cheddar cheese.
- Bayou Sweet Potato Bake. Prefer a sweeter, Southern spin? Make this sweet potato casserole, topped with brown sugar and pecans. (To make it extra decadent, add mini marshmallows, and pop it under the broiler for a couple minutes!)
- Cranberry Apple Wild Rice Pilaf. Looking for a lighter side to cut through all that comfort food? Try this pretty rice pilaf, bursting with nutty wild rice, dried cranberries, crunchy pecans and sweet-tart chopped apples.
- Balsamic Cranberry Salad. For a fresh and festive salad, toss spinach, slivered almonds, cranberries and salty feta. Right before serving, add a splash of sweet balsamic.
- Butter-Herb Rolls. And last but not least, fill your house with the cozy aroma of these warm, buttery pull-apart buns, delicious with any holiday dinner. You’ll get rave reviews!
Happy holidays, friends! - Jen