Have you heard of “Magic Chicken” yet?
It’s the secret way to always have juicy, tender, perfectly seasoned chicken at your fingertips – ready for quick weeknight dinners. And it’s so easy, it’s like magic!
Wait … So How Does It Work?
Toss 4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs into your slow cooker. Add 2 capfuls Magic Chicken Original Seasoning Blend, and pour in 2 cups water or low-sodium chicken broth. That’s it!
Let it cook low and slow for 5-7 hours. Shred it. Divide into 4 freezer bags, and boom – you’ll always have 2-cup portions of shredded chicken to grab and go, right from your freezer. Seriously, you’ll never need to buy rotisserie chicken again. And it’s so convenient whenever you’re in a rush to make dinner!
Need more reasons to love it? Oh, let me count the ways …
11 Ways to Use Magic Chicken
1. Chicken Pizzas & Flatbreads. BBQ. Buffalo. You name it. Pile on this tender chicken to make your favorite flatbreads – fast. If you need a little extra inspiration, try a couple of our favorites:
Avocado Bacon & Chicken Flatbread »
BBQ Chicken Flatbread »
2. Fast & Fresh Chicken Salads. Trying to make healthy choices? Or cutting back on carbs? You can add lean protein to fresh salads – in seconds – anytime.
Make it tonight: BBQ Magic Chicken Salad »
3. Stir-Fry & Noodle Bowls. Keep tender shredded chicken in your freezer, and stir up sizzling stir-fry dishes and noodle bowls any night of the week. (My husband LOVES stir-fry, so this is one of my favorite weeknight short-cuts.)
Try it: Bayou Chicken & Veggie Noodle Bowls »
4. Weekday Wraps. Chicken salad. Asian chicken. Chicken club. Whatever your favorite, might be, you can get quick lunches all wrapped up – all week long.
Featured recipe: Cobb Salad Wraps »
5. Pastas – Presto! Toss tender chicken into your favorite creamy pastas, like this rustic lasagna layered with Alfredo and spinach:
Get the recipe here: Chicken Blanco Lasagna »
6. Chicken Pot Pie. Make the easiest chicken pot pie – ever. This home-cooked comfort food comes together so quickly if you already have chopped chicken, ready in the freezer.
Try it tonight: Chicken & Broccoli Pot Pie »
7. Soups, Stews & Chowders. White chicken chili. Chicken and dumplings. Chicken and gnocchi. I mean, what if you could make some of your family’s favorite soups – in a lot less time?
8. Simple Stromboli. Have any pint-sized picky eaters in your house? Make Stromboli for dinner like this one, loaded with lots of melty Swiss, shredded chicken and smoky ham.
Here’s the quick, kid-friendly recipe: Magic Chicken Cordon Bleu Stromboli »
9. Chicken Fried Rice. Who needs take-out? Make your own chicken-fried rice in 15 minutes flat.
See the recipe: Quick & Easy Chicken Fried Rice »
10. Easy Apps. Have a go-to appetizer recipe that calls for canned chicken? (Yes, I’m looking at you, buffalo chicken dip fans.) Make it even better with the real thing!
11. And … It’s Not Actually Just for Chicken. I KNOW, right? This versatile seasoning also makes all kinds of amazing slow-simmered meats like:
Magic Pulled Pork »
Magic Slow Cooked Beef »
Think tacos, nachos, enchiladas, hot sandwiches, quesadillas and more.
If you’ve already tried it, let us know … what are some of YOUR favorite tips and tricks? Tell us in the comments below, or share your ideas with us on Facebook.
We’d love to hear how you’re working your magic!