Fun fact: Technically, the first restaurant drive-thru window opened in 1947; however, McDonalds popularized the concept beginning in 1975. (Thanks, Wikipedia!)
These days, between work, school activities, meetings and social obligations, we sometimes take all three meals a day on the run. Wouldn't it be nice to just sit down, take a breather and get reacquainted with the family for one meal a day? But who's got time for that?
You do! Here's a challenge: over the course of one month, commit to creating simple, delicious, FAST sit-down meals at least 20 times. Sounds impossible? Not with choices like these from Tastefully Simple's Fix It Fast 10-Meal Kit:
- Bayou Chicken Pizza. The ultimate take-out food becomes the most amazing homemade (and wholesome) favorite with shredded chicken – hint: Magic Chicken makes it even easier! – fresh veggies, melty cheese and the savory pop of Bayou Bourbon Glaze.
- BBQ Bacon Pork Tenderloin. Simple pork perfection. And bacon!
- One-Pot Pesto Linguine. Kid-friendly and pesto-fresh.
- Bacon & Brie Grilled Cheese.
It's not your mama's grilled cheese sandwich. Bacon Pepper Jam adds a sweet-savory goodness to this classic sammy. Serve 'em with a side of Wahoo! Sweet Potato Fries.
- Simple Fried Rice. You might miss those cute little take-out boxes, but the fresh, homemade taste makes it so worth it!
- Grilled Citrus Herb Chicken. It's worth firing up the grill for this flavor-packed chicken entrée.
- Rhubarb Strawberry Glazed Salmon. A fantastic new flavor for fresh or frozen seafood.
- Pizza Soup with Cheesy Crostinis. Everything you love about pizza … in a bowl.
- Simple Stovetop Mac & Cheese. A whole other level up from boxed mac and cheese.
- Tex-Mex Breakfast Tacos. This egg-straordinary take on traditional tacos is too good to confine it to just breakfast.
- Bayou Joes with Sesame Broccoli Slaw. It's the joe that eats like a (better) meal.
- Pan-Seared Steak with Mushrooms. Skip the steakhouse. The finest cuisine is found at home.
- Sausage & Pesto Spaghetti with Zoodles. The kids' favorite meal, featuring fun and healthy zoodles!
- Cheesy Pesto Wicked Beef. Wicked good. 'Nuff said.
- Creamy Shrimp Scampi. Seafood in a succulent sauce is something special.
- BBQ Chicken Rotini Skillet. One-pan easy; crazy-good.
- Bayou Chicken Lettuce Wraps. Cut the carbs, not the flavor.
- Shrimp Pesto Bowls. This bountiful bowl has a secret: spaghetti squash subs for high-carb pasta.
- Bayou Glazed Chicken & Veggie Stir-Fry. Looking for a way to get the family to eat their veggies? This is it.
- Artichoke & Spinach Burgers.
Here's a burger special enough to have its own wine pairing! Artichoke & Spinach Warm Dip Mix is the secret to an extraordinary, creamy topper.
Once you've tried homemade fast food, you'll never (well, almost never) go back to drive-thru. And the best part? Once you've tried these 20, there are even more 30-minute meal ideas at tastefullysimple.com.