I feel pretty darn good about it.
Think Irish cream. Fruit-kissed rum. Coffee-infused liqueur. Even rich, dark stouts. Now obviously boozy brownies and spiked cakes aren’t exactly everyday desserts for most of us. But from girls’ night to romantic dinners for two, sometimes a subtle little splash of liqueur can transform a traditional dessert into something really special.
In fact, here are some of our favorite cakes and bakes – with a bit of a kick!
5 Delicious Spiked Desserts
- White Russian Brownies. Oh, Kahlua. You handsome devil. Dark and dreamy, these velvety brownies are swirled with the signature flavors of a “White Russian” cocktail – vodka, coffee liqueur and cream.
Tip: If you don’t like your brownies a little gooey in the middle, just extend the baking time to 40 minutes for these bad boys.
- Spiced Chocolate Stout Cupcakes. With a cozy sprinkle of nutmeg and cinnamon, these spiced chocolate cupcakes were actually one of my very first blog creations back in 2013 … and they are still one of my all-time favorites!
By the way, don’t be nervous if you aren’t typically a fan of porters or stouts – the dark flavor is really subtle and simply brings out all of that deep, rich chocolaty cake goodness.
- Classy Chocolate Mint Tiramisu. Kissed with mint and Irish cream, this luscious layered cake is a delicious twist on traditional tiramisu.
- Be Mine Brownies. I mean, come on … how cute are these?
Perfect for Valentine’s Day, these brownie bites are infused with a sweet splash of amaretto and topped with pretty-in-pink cream cheese frosting.
- Spiked Coconut Pound Cake. Sweet coconut. Rich almond. Smooth milk chocolate. Imagine all the delicious flavors of an Almond Joy candy bar – in a cake!
Tip: I used Captain Morgan’s Parrot Bay for this recipe, which is my absolute favorite coconut rum. It’s naturally flavored with coconut, unlike many other brands – making it perfect for island-inspired drinks and desserts.
Whatever your favorite drink or dessert may be, go ahead … give it a “shot”!