Love the coffeehouse – but not the cost?
It’s the perfect time of year to grab your softest sweater, curl up with a good book and get cozy with a spiced latte or warm cup of chai. Best of all, you don’t even have to take off your favorite slippers!
In fact, here are five ways to create your own coffee shop experience right at home – for a fraction of the price.
5 Coffeehouse Sips & Sweets
1. Oh My! Chai® Drink Mix. It’s baaaaack! So cozy and creamy, this classic blend of black tea, cinnamon, cardamom and spices is back by popular demand – and it’s only available while supplies last. Just add hot water or your favorite kind of milk.
If you’re inviting over a couple friends (or well, if you’ve had a long day), it’s also delicious with a splash of RumChata or butterscotch schnapps. Try it on the rocks with whipped cream, too!
2. Coffee Seasoning Set. Want to add flavor to your coffee – without any fat? Pour coffee grounds into your coffee maker. Add Tastefully Simple’s Cinnamon Spice Coffee Seasoning. Brew. BOOM. Whether you like it black or with a little cream and sugar, it’s the perfect blend for chilly fall mornings.
For the kiddos, you can sprinkle this cozy cinnamon seasoning into hot cocoa, too.
3. Almond Coffee Cake. With ribbons of brown sugar and cinnamon, this tender cake is topped with sliced almonds and crumbly streusel. And it pairs beautifully with fresh fruit and a steaming cup of coffee for breakfast or brunch.
4. Coffeehouse Gingerbread Scones . Spiced gingerbread. Sweet-tart cranberries. Rich white chocolate chips.
I mean, come on. Who needs a coffee shop when you can make your own fresh-baked scones at home – drizzled with a silky-smooth maple glaze – in under an hour?
5. Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti. Ever baked your own biscotti? So fun and festive, these buttery Italian-inspired cookies are absolutely divine for dipping and dunking. And don’t worry – they are actually really simple to make.
Your turn! What are some of your favorite coffee shop-style drinks and desserts to make at home? Tell us below, or share your tips with us on Facebook. We’d love to hear from you!
Thanks a “latte,” friends!
P.S. Looking for a couple of good coffeehouse reads right now? Where the Crawdads Sing, The Great Alone and Daisy Jones & The Six are next on my book club list. And I think they’ll all go perfectly with a cup of chai and a couple scones!