I love working on all of these awesome holiday projects this week! And now that I've shown you some super cool DIY Christmas gift ideas for cake and drink mixes in a jar, I just have to give you a couple tips on décor!
I absolutely love preparing recipes and serving delicious dishes with our amazing bakers and dip crock. And I adore the colors we have this season.
Our gorgeous oval baker is fantastic for recipes like Perfectly Potatoes Au Gratin and Bayou Baked Ham. But I think the coolest thing about this baker is that it even makes a gorgeous centerpiece. Take a look. I whipped this up in three minutes flat.
Last January, I stocked up on clearance pine branches and saved some fun jingle bells - all of which are also readily available at craft stores this time of year. I put a candle in the middle and wham, bam - a sweet centerpiece! Fun fact: this candle is actually the Unity Candle from my wedding! I like to light it on special days - like Christmas!
That's not all you can do. There are SO MANY ways to maximize our fabulous bakers and dip crock.
Now I have a bit of a confession to make. I had planned to SHOW you lots of great ideas. But I've let you down. Will you let me lean on the Law of Realness for a minute? I simply ran out of time to get all of these photographed for you. But I promise, these are all fabulous ways to make the most out of your gorgeous ceramic kitchenware this holiday season.
Here are some AWESOME ideas for the oval baker:
- As a serving bowl for a large batch of snack mix at your holiday party.
- Be a breakfast hero! Fill it with ice and chilled cartons of yogurt as a part of a fun grab 'n go breakfast bar when everyone is home for the holidays. Or place it in the oven on low and keep pancakes warm as you make them.
- Line the baker with a festive cloth napkin, and voila, you have the perfect bread basket ready to pass around your holiday table.
- And if you're looking for the perfect gift, the baker comes in our Season & Serve gift!
Here are some fab ideas I had for our fun, round baker:
- Dress up a simple ring of store-bought shrimp cocktail. Just place the cocktail sauce in the middle of the baker and arrange the shrimp around it. Better yet, place a ramekin of Sweet Pepper Jalapeno Jam in the center for a sweet-and-spicy dipper for shrimp.
- For a small centerpiece, place a candle in the middle and surround it with jingle bells, pinecones or small Christmas bulbs.
- Serve individual appetizers like these Wahoo! Pinwheels or my favorite, classic pickle roll-ups.
And for the dip crock:
- Fill it with mixed nuts and set it out for guests to enjoy.
- It works really well as a container for a festive pillar candle. Just find fun holiday flair to fill in around the edges and you're set!
- It's the perfect size for a candy dish on the coffee table. If you have unwrapped candy, the spoon will come in extra handy.
- And seriously, is there anything better than just using it for what it was meant for? Fill that baby with ooey-gooey Asiago Alfredo Warm Dip Mix, then dip some toasted Bountiful Beer Bread in that pool of deliciousness.
See, now don't you wish you had three or four of each? I mean ... I bet your amazing consultant could help you out with that. Wink... wink ... oh, come on ... I work for HQ. I have no shame in making a plug like that.
I hope this helped get you thinking about all of the awesome things you can do with your gorgeous kitchenware. I'd love to hear some of your cool ideas, too! Share in the comments section.
Finally, I leave you with this delicious recipe for Cranberry Cake using Nana's Apple Cake in our gorgeous Round Baker. You can get BOTH, plus the Absolutely Almond Pound Cake Mix in our Baker's Duo gift.
I'll be back again tomorrow with more awesome holiday tips!
Get creative, and enjoy!