So how can you bring something really special to the table? Here are five fun and festive ideas, featuring my secret weapon for last-minute holiday entertaining: Bacon Pepper Jam. (BONUS: you can save 20% when you purchase it today, December 11!)
5 Perfect Party or Potluck Recipes
- Easy Cocktail Meatballs. Simply toss 1 (1-1½ lbs.) pre-cooked frozen meatballs in your slow cooker. Stir in 2/3 cup Bacon Pepper Jam, and cook on low for 2-3 hours. Voila!
For a festive touch, sprinkle with chopped parsley or chives. (Or, for a BBQ version, stir in 1 cup Smoky Bacon BBQ Sauce instead.) So rich and saucy, these cute cocktail meatballs are always a crowd-pleaser!
- Prosciutto Bacon Jam Pizza. Tender prosciutto. Smoky-sweet bacon. Salty crumbled cheese. All piled on a crispy crust. This distinctive recipe is wonderful for holiday entertaining.
Just cut the pizza into small slices for a gorgeous appetizer, guaranteed to wow your guests.
- Holiday Brie en Croute. Any wine lovers out there? Try this recipe for warm, buttery Brie baked in a flaky pastry crust. It looks really festive and fancy – without any fuss!
Serve warm with crackers, grapes, pecans and sliced apples. It pairs perfectly with a bottle or two of Pinot Noir, too.
- Bacon Jam Jalapeño Poppers. A little sweet. A little spicy. A whole lot of delicious. Served hot or at room temperature, these addictive appetizers are great for holiday gatherings.
- (Virtually) Anything Over Cream Cheese. And last but not least, need an appetizer in 15 seconds? Just pour Bacon Pepper Jam or Sweet Pepper Jalapeño Jam over a block of cream cheese. (If your jam seems too thick to pour, remove the lid and microwave the jar for a few seconds.) That’s it!
Grab a box of Triscuits® and you’re set. Seriously, it’s perfect to grab-and-go for work parties and potlucks, since you don’t even need an oven.