- Toss them with oil: A light coating of oil helps your seasonings stick and prevents your veggies from drying out and from sticking to the grill. Try our Balsamic & Basil Dipping Oil + Seasoned Salt.
- Give ’em a short zap: Dense veggies like potatoes cook faster and better on the grill when you give them a short trip through the microwave first. Here’s a fave Grilled Herb Potato Wedges »
- Use a grill basket: Leave no veg ungrilled! Even small or skinny vegetables like asparagus, mushrooms and green beans can be grilled if you have a grill basket. Here’s a recipe that features a delicious splash of Bayou Bourbon Glaze. Bayou Grilled Green Beans »
- Grill your lettuce (for reals!): It sounds crazy, but Romaine lettuce is positively delightful on the grill, and this recipe is a great place to start: Citrus Herb Grilled Romaine Salad »
- Watch the heat: Most veggies are best when grilled over medium or medium-high heat. And remember this rule: a watched veggie never burns. Keep an eye out, and move those that are cooking faster to a cooler part of the grill.
PS: Don’t forget corn! Fiesta Street Corn »