So today I have six ways to make healthier meal choices, without compromising flavor!
- Ditch store-bought dressings. They are often loaded with undesirable ingredients, and it’s so easy to make your own! Here’s my new fave: Seasoned Pepper & Balsamic Vinaigrette Recipe
- Replace pasta with veggies. Even if you replace half the pasta with veggies, you are lightening up a lot. Consider this: a cup of pasta has about 200 calories and 40g carbs; a cup of cauliflower, broccoli or zucchini has about 30 calories and 5g (or less!) carbs. Wow! This One-Pot Spaghetti recipe is delish with half veggies, half pasta! Just quickly saute some zucchini in a tiny amount of oil; season with Garlic Pepper Seasoning and Seasoned Salt.
- Eat more lettuce wraps! They are packed with flavor and an easy way to lower the carbs. Try this 5-star recipe - Bayou Chicken Lettuce Wraps Recipe And PS - if you don’t want to fuss with wraps … just make a salad
- Snack on celery sticks and cucumber slices. They are practically calorie-free, crunchy and so tasty when sprinkled with a little Seasoned Salt. Be sure to check out the grinder top, too!
- Roast those veggies! Roasting really brings out the flavor of vegetables, especially when you season them with our Aged Balsamic Vinegar of Modena - these Balsamic Glazed Carrots are divine!
- Live a little …you don’t need to quit dessert entirely. Just lighten it up by subbing applesauce or yogurt for the butter or fat. Our pound cakes are just as wonderful this way – you’ll never miss what’s missing!
Classy Chocolate Pound Cake Mix
Absolutely Almond Pound Cake Mix
Sunny Lemon Pound Cake & Icing Mix