Yes, fall is officially here. (For those of us in the Midwest, it’s that very brief – but beautiful – season between mosquitoes and blizzards.) It’s also my favorite time of year.
I’m not just talking about the lovely weather either. From crisp apples to spiced cider to pumpkin everything, it’s hard to resist the flavors of fall.
In fact, here are seven ways to start the day with a sweet taste of autumn!
Let’s Do Brunch: 7 Festive Recipes for Fall
- White Chocolate Cranberry Cinnamon Scones. Forget the coffeehouse. You can make your own fresh-baked scones at home this fall.
Dusted with a sparkle of sugar and cinnamon, these tender pastries are loaded with sweet-tart cranberries and white chocolate chips. And they make a great grab-and-go breakfast for the whole week.
- Perfectly Pumpkin Pancakes. Did you know that you can make pancakes or waffles with Pumpkin Bread & Maple Glaze Mix? YES. Yes, you can – and it is a beautiful thing, my friends.
Top ‘em with fresh fruit, chopped nuts or a dollop of whipped cream.
- Creamy Wild Rice Egg Bake. Prefer something savory? Make-ahead egg bakes are fantastic when you have a full house. And this hearty five-star recipe, loaded with crispy bacon and creamy goodness, will win over everyone.
- Pumpkin Streusel Muffins. With a luscious glaze and sweet crumbly topping, these fluffy pumpkin muffins are filled with all kinds of delicious autumn spices.
- Orange Spice Bellinis. Want to make something really special? If you’re getting together with friends or if you have weekend guests, stir up these bellini beauties, sparkling with sweet citrus and mulled spices. You only need three ingredients!
- Overnight Pumpkin French Toast Bake. Spiced pumpkin. Rich bites of cream cheese. Sweet raspberries. What’s not to love?
- Almond Coffee Cake. And last but not least, this delicate, buttery coffee cake is kissed with cinnamon, brown sugar and sliced almonds. When the temperatures fall, it’s absolutely perfect with warm cider, coffee or tea.