Now in true Midwestern fashion, we actually had an April blizzard here last week, complete with closed schools, howling winds and seven inches of fresh snow. But the common saying around here always holds true: “If you don’t like the weather, well … just wait a few minutes.” The snowbanks have already melted into mud puddles, and it’s an understatement to say we’re all pretty excited to trade our parkas for raincoats. So what’s the sweetest way to celebrate spring? Stir up these 7 easy and elegant ways to start your day, featuring recipes and products from Tastefully Simple’s new Brunch for a Bunch Kit!
Best of the Brunch: 7 Simple Recipes for Spring
- Individual Berry Trifles. I mean, seriously … aren’t they gorgeous?
Filled with fresh berries, fluffy mousse and tender cubes of pound cake, these sweet and simple mini trifles are absolutely delicious. And whether you’re looking for Easter ideas or something sweet for any Sunday, they’ll add a beautiful splash of color to your spring table, too.
- Garden Veggie Bacon Quiche. Quiche is the quintessential weekend brunch, and this easy one is loaded with bacon, spinach and mushrooms – all in a tender, flaky pastry crust.
Serve it warm with fresh strawberries, melon or raspberries.
- Bagels with Smoked Salmon. Smoky lox. Fresh dill. Rich cream cheese. A New York favorite, these deli-style bagels are great for gatherings for a big group or just grabbing on the go.
Oh, and if you want to cut calories, try ‘em with multigrain bagel thins and light cream cheese like we did this weekend! These are delicious with sliced cucumbers, too.
- Peach Raspberry Tartlets. Pretty. Pink. Perfection. So delicate and darling, these poppable little pastry bites are wonderful for spring entertaining. I love to make them for bridal showers!
- Garden Veggie & Sausage Egg Bake. Looking for an easy slow cooker recipe for a full house? Mix up this hearty egg-cheese-and-sausage casserole, and set it in your fridge overnight. The next morning, cook on low in your slow cooker for 5-6 hours.
- Blackberry Bellinis. Move over, mimosas. If you’re getting together with friends or if you have weekend guests, stir up these beautiful bellinis, sparkling with sweet blackberries and a splash of lemon. You only need two ingredients!
- Sour Cream Coffee Cake. And last but not least, this delicate, buttery coffee cake is kissed with cinnamon and brown sugar. It’s absolutely perfect with coffee or tea.
Now what are some of YOUR favorite weekend dishes? Tell us below, or share your ideas with us on Facebook. We’d love to hear about your traditions. Thanks a brunch, friends!