Have you tried Tastefully Simple’s Silicone Bar Pan yet? Or are you looking for more ways to put it to good use this summer?
Trust me – there are a lot of reasons to love it. It’s easy to clean. It cuts baking time in half for your favorite breads, cakes and brownies. And it creates perfect portions every time. But if you’re looking for more tips and tricks, here are 7 ways to make the most of it!
Raising the Bar: 7 Quick Tips & Tricks
1. Hold Steady. Since silicone pans are soft and flexible, slide a baking sheet underneath for extra stability if you’re transferring ‘em to the oven or freezer. You’ll avoid any spills!
2. Ice, Ice, Baby. Love infused water? Place fresh sliced fruit and herbs in the wells of the silicone pan, fill with water and freeze. Since the pan is deeper than a traditional ice cube tray, you can mix and match more ingredients – and your drinks will stay ice-cold even longer.
In fact, here are a few of my favorite combinations:
- Blueberries, lime slices and mint
- Strawberries and lime wedges
- Blackberries, cucumber and mint
- Raspberries and lemon slices
3. Pretty Pound Cakes. For easy summer entertaining, pour Absolutely Almond Pound Cake Mix™ or Classy Chocolate Pound Cake Mix™ batter into the bar pan, and bake 30 minutes. Serve your cute little cakes topped with whipped cream and fresh raspberries.
Pretty. Personalized. Perfect. Tip: I like to bake these mini pound cakes the night before, so they always have plenty of time to cool – and they pop right out of the pan.
4. Baby Beer Bread. Did you know that you can use the pan to make individual loaves of Bountiful Beer Bread®? It cuts the baking time down to only 30 minutes. Plus, everybody gets more of those golden, buttery and crunchy corners.
For a fun twist, try stirring up snack-size Bountiful Corn Bread, too. These little loaves pack perfectly for picnics, plus they make a great side with BBQ ribs or campfire chili.
5. Easy Egg Bites. Have a low-carb or keto lifestyle? Or trying to save time by meal prepping on the weekends? Make and freeze individual egg bakes for protein-packed lunches. Try this easy recipe for Breakfast Egg Bites, or mix up your own combinations. Add a side of fresh fruit, and you’ll be ready to grab and go!
6. Protein & Granola Bars. If you’ve ever tried to make your own protein or granola bars, you know they can be really difficult to cut with a knife. But with this silicone pan, even the stickiest mixtures made with honey or peanut butter pop up perfectly.
7. S’more Brownie Bars. Ready for a new take on a campfire classic? Simply pour Truffle Fudge Brownie Mix batter into your bar pan. Bake at 350°F for 18 minutes. Top each brownie with crushed graham crackers and a few mini marshmallows. Return to the oven, and bake 2 additional minutes or until the marshmallows get gloriously puffy.
Gently press a chocolate square into each warm brownie, and voila! You’ll have sweet and simple s’mores, even on the rainiest days.
Talk about panning out perfectly, right?
Now what are YOUR favorite ways to use Tastefully Simple’s Silicone Bar Pan? We’d love to hear all about your tips, tricks and tasty ideas!