Now it’s always a little bittersweet to savor the last sugar cookie, the last homemade caramel and the last chocolate-covered pretzel. But my jeans, I tell you. These tight waistbands are definitely over the holidays.
Ready to start fresh and swap out your sweets for salads, too? If you’re looking for simple recipes to refresh and renew your routine, we’ve got you covered. In fact, here are a few of our favorite salad recipes, perfect for wintertime!
7 Simple Salads for Fall & Winter
- Shanghai Sesame Chicken Salad. So fresh and light, this Oriental-style salad is loaded with tender chicken, sweet mandarin oranges, crispy wonton strips, crunchy cashews and chopped Romaine. Seriously, it’s so good!
- Cherry Vidalia Winter Salad. Pretty pomegranates. Fresh greens. Crumbly blue cheese. Tossed with a smoky-sweet dressing, this gorgeous salad gets a little extra crunch with candied walnuts or pecans.
- Butternut Squash Winter Salad. Stay in this weekend, and stir up this hearty winter salad, topped with roasted butternut squash, salty feta and a tangy vinaigrette sweetened with a little splash of maple syrup.
- Fall Apple Salad. I know, I know, but there’s a fine line between fall and winter. (Also, I LOVE this salad so much that I couldn’t leave it off the list.) Filled with crisp apples, walnuts and baby spinach, it pairs perfectly with roasted chicken or pork chops.
- Pomegranate Balsamic Winter Salad. Come on … isn’t it a beauty?
Fresh and festive, this colorful salad is bursting with bright pomegranate, gorgonzola crumbles and peppery arugula. Just add sliced steak or rotisserie chicken to make it a main dish.
- Power Greens Grilled Chicken Salad. Get a fresh start to the year with this fresh mix of power greens, grilled chicken, red onions, crumbled bacon and cucumbers.
It’s absolutely fantastic for a light weekend lunch.
- Shredded Beef Taco Salad. Want to let your slow cooker do the work this winter? Make this Tex-Mex salad complete with perfectly tender shredded beef, avocado dressing and your favorite fresh taco toppings.