Have an ice cream social – virtually!
Zoom. Google Duo. Teams. Facebook Messenger. Whatever your app of choice, schedule a virtual video call and get together with your friends and family. And if you need a few ideas for your ice cream social, we’ve got you covered.
Here are eight sweet ways to enjoy a sundae fun day … any day of the week!
8 Sundae Ideas for Ice Cream Socials
1. S’more Sundaes. All the sweetness of honey-kissed grahams, gooey chocolate and marshmallows … no campfire required!
To make this summertime classic, simply alternate scoops of vanilla ice cream with swirls of hot fudge, mini marshmallows and crumbled Twisty Grahams.
2. Build-Your-Own-Sundae Bar. Does everyone at your house like something a little different? Set out a variety of toppings, and let them build their own. Your sundae bar can include:
- Fresh fruit
- Chopped nuts
- Colorful sprinkles
- Sandwich cookies
- Chopped candy bars
- Sweet breakfast cereal
3. Caramel Bliss. So easy. So buttery. So delicious. Just drizzle warm Creamy Caramel Sauce over your favorite ice cream – vanilla bean, butter brickle, cookie dough or even java chip!
Oh, and if you like a little crunch, sprinkle on chopped pecans, peanuts or crushed toffee, too.
4. Bowled Over. Try using waffle cone bowls for easy clean-up. Or if you’re using traditional glass bowls, mason jars or wine glasses, put them in the freezer beforehand – it will keep everybody’s ice cream from melting too fast.
5. Strawberry Cheesecake Sundaes. Did you know that Rhubarb Strawberry Fruit Spread makes a wonderfully sweet and slightly tart ice cream topping? Just pop it in the microwave for about 15 seconds.
Spoon it onto cheesecake-flavored (my personal fave!) or vanilla ice cream, and top with sliced strawberries and crushed Twisty Grahams.
6. Spiked Sundaes for Happy Hour. Getting together with the girls – or the guys – after work? Add a splash of creamy liqueur to your sundae for a grown-up treat, such as Baileys® Irish Cream, Godiva® Chocolate or RumChata®.
7. Peach Pound Cake Sundaes. Feeling a little fancy? Make these pretty sundaes with market-fresh peaches, pound cake and a buttery maple sauce.
(Seriously, you guys – the maple sauce is AMAZING. Try it drizzled over French toast or fresh-from-the-oven blonde brownies, too.)
8. Making the Most of Leftover Baked Goods. Have any cake, brownies or chocolate chip cookies on your kitchen counter? It’s all fair game for sundaes. Chop up a few, add ice cream and sprinkles, and voila …
That’s it! So go ahead, and send that invite, text or email to your loved ones. Whether you have six feet or hundreds of miles between you, now you have a sweet reason to connect.
And the ice cream? Well, that’s just the cherry on top.
Happy summer, friends!