What makes cake even MORE awesome is its versatility. You can take a simple cake mix, like Tastefully Simple's Absolutely Almond Pound Cake Mix, Classy Chocolate Pound Cake Mix or Nana's Apple Cake Mix, and turn it into something new and even unexpected.
Recently I was challenged to come up with five fresh ways to enjoy cake. (Nice work if you can get it!) I set out to see just how far I could take this cake makeover idea – and I came up with five ideas … each more delightfully indulgent than the last. Intrigued?
- Nana's Caramel Apple Pops. Let's be honest: What's the best part of caramel apples? (Hint: it's not the apple.) These adorable little lollies are actually cake pops made from Nana's Apple Cake, covered in candy coating and dipped in Creamy Caramel Sauce.
- Absolutely Almond Candy Bars. Mini candy bar-sized pound cake topped with Creamy Caramel Sauce and coated in chocolate. I'll be skipping the vending machine from now on.
- Cinnamon-Sugar Pound Cake Cubes. Absolutely Almond Pound Cake again, this time lightly toasted and dusted with a melts-in-your-mouth sugar-cinnamon coating.
- Deep-Fried Classy Chocolate Pound Cake. You won't find this one on any diet plan … but everybody needs a little naughtiness sometimes. Squares of Classy Chocolate Pound Cake are rolled in a sweetened cereal coating and deep-fried to crispy perfection. Dust with powdered sugar and drizzle with chocolate syrup. Because, if you're gonna sin, sin big.
- Pound Cake S'more Sandwich. A filling of creamy hazelnut spread and marshmallow fluff sandwiched between two slices of rich, Absolutely Almond Pound Cake and toasted to melty perfection. Over the top? Yes. But so worth it.