Get ready to hear the compliments pour in at your next backyard cookout when you bring out these burger cupcakes.
Here's how to make these cutie cupcakes:
- Make the cupcakes. Preheat oven to 325°F. Prepare Absolutely Almond Pound Cake Mix™ according to package directions using 1 cup water and ¾ cup butter.
Divide among wells of a 12-count, paper-lined muffin pan. Bake 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely.
- Make the brownie "burgers". No grilling required here! Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large bowl, combine Truffle Fudge Brownie Mix, 2 eggs and ½ cup melted butter; bake in a greased 9x13 baking pan for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool.
- Prep the toppings!
- Thinly slice several strawberries for the tomatoes.
- Mix a few drops of green food coloring gel into a cup of shredded coconut to create the mock lettuce.
- Use yellow food coloring gel to tint white frosting yellow, or use purchased yellow frosting for the cheese/mustard.
- Scatter white or brown candy sprinkles on the tops of the buns for sesame seeds.
- Assemble the burger cupcakes!
- Slice each cupcake into thirds lengthwise. Discard (or eat!) the middle section.
- Place green coconut on the bottom slice.
- Use a 3-inch round cookie cutter to cut the brownies into "hamburger patties;" place on top of the coconut-topped slice.
- Frost on the cheese.
- Add a few slices of strawberry.
- Top with the other "bun" slice. Place a few sprinkles on top, too!
What's your fun dessert idea? Let me know in the comments below.