Start your project by removing the labels from the jars. Simply soak them in warm, soapy water. The longer they soak, the easier the labels will come off. If you have a stubborn label that just won’t come off, try a little Goo Gone on a paper towel and rub the rest of the label off.
DIY Glass Jar Ideas
- Decorate the outside with paint, paper or other items to create a pretty flower vase.
- Fill with small candy and give as a gift.
- Fun lid idea: paint the lid a contrasting color from the bottle. Glue on a little knob as fun decoration!
DIY Drink Bucket Ideas
- Decorate the outside with paper, sticker, paints or markers and use the butcket to store craft and coloring supplies.
- Fill buckets with small toys or little coloring books and keep in the car for long road trips.
- Make a hairy friend: Decorate a bucket with google eyes and ribbon to create a face on the outside. Add dirt and plant grass - watch it grow!
DIY Shaker Jar Ideas
- Decorate the outside. They're perfect to store glitter or sequins.
- Clean thoroughly and add sugar or powdered creamer for coffee.
- Toss a few jingle bells in a jar and glue the lid shut - puuurrrfect cat toy!
There are endless possibilities to transform your used products into something new! Here are even more ideas »