There’s nothing quite like the aroma of warm, fresh-baked gingerbread. But did you know that it isn’t just for the holidays? You can enjoy all of that spiced goodness – all autumn long – for breakfast and brunch.
In fact, here are a few of our favorite ways to fill your home with the magic of gingerbread this fall!
5 Ways to Enjoy Gingerbread for Breakfast
- Sliced Maple Iced Gingerbread with Coffee or Tea. Sometimes the simplest things are the best, aren’t they?
All you need is butter and water to make your own fresh-from-the-oven gingerbread. That’s it! I love to pack a thick slice for work each day with my morning coffee – and skip the long lines at the drive-thru. (If you’d like, you can mix ½ cup chopped walnuts, white chocolate chips or raisins into the batter before baking, too.)
- Maple Iced Gingerbread Pancakes. These soft, fluffy, spiced pancakes are divine with a dollop of whipped cream, fresh fruit or just a drizzle of silky-smooth maple icing. Perfect for your weekend guests!
- Coffeehouse Gingerbread Scones. Love the coffeehouse, but not the cost? You can make your own fresh-baked gingerbread scones right at home.
Cozy up with a cup of hot tea and a couple of these delicious pastries, dotted with cute little cranberries and white chips.
- Iced Gingerbread Cake Donuts. A little sugar. A little spice. Make your own gingerbread donuts at home, baked with sweet cinnamon, nutmeg and a hint of orange zest. It’s really simple – and it only takes about 35 minutes!
- Gingerbread Tiny Cakes with Cream Cheese Frosting. Planning an autumn or holiday brunch with friends? Dazzle your guests with these bite-sized beauties, layered with creamy filling, buttery caramel sauce and fresh apple.
So sweet. So sophisticated. So special.
Happy baking, friends!