Want to spend a little time in the kitchen with your kiddos? Or make treats for your neighbors, teachers and more? Don’t worry! You can make it special – and keep it simple.
In fact, here are a few of our favorite ways to make the season a little sweeter:
9 Holiday Cakes, Cookies & Confections
- Peppermint Chocolate Cookies. Topped with a sparkle of crushed candy canes, these pretty and oh-so-pepperminty chocolate cookies are so fun and festive. Best of all, they are ready in only 30 minutes.
- Reindeer Baby Cakes. Sleigh all day with these darling little cakes!
Simply pour Classy Chocolate Pound Cake batter into a Silicon Bar Pan. Bake 30 minutes at 325°F, cool completely, and top ‘em with canned chocolate frosting. Decorate each one with candy eyes and a red candy nose (M&Ms® or Red Hots work great!), and break pretzel twists in half for antlers.
- Polar Bear Paw Cupcakes. Walking in a winter wonderland has never been cuter.
Topped with creamy frosting and a sprinkle of sweet coconut, these charming chocolate cupcakes are one of my favorite treats to make every winter with my little boys.
- Almond Bark Twisty Grahams. A new twist on a holiday classic, these crispy grahams are drenched with creamy vanilla bark and decorated with sweet sprinkles.
- Bite-Size Monster Cookies. Loaded with wholesome oatmeal, peanut butter, and colorful chocolate candies, these bite-size treats are always a hit with all ages. (They freeze beautifully, too – making them perfect for cookie exchanges!)
- Strawberry Santa Hat Brownies. Deck the halls, and deck out your favorite brownies. All you need are fresh strawberries and a couple dabs of snowy white icing.
- Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti. Looking for a sweet gift idea? Pair your own festive fresh-baked biscotti with cocoa, coffee and/or a holiday mug.
These biscotti look absolutely beautiful tucked into gift jars and tied with a ribbon, too.
- Frosty’s Carrot Cake. With swirls of cream cheese frosting, these luscious little carrot cakes are so simple – and so delicious.
Garnish with a few sugared berries for a lovely finishing touch.
- Santa Suit Baby Cakes. And last but not least, make your own sweet little cakes inspired by St. Nick and his signature red suit! Simply prepare Absolutely Almond Pound Cake Mix™ as directed on the package, and pour the batter into your Silicon Bar Pan. Bake 30 minutes.
Let the cakes cool completely. Spread red decorator icing over the top of each baby cake.
Use black decorating gel or black licorice to create a thin belt across the middle.
Using white decorating gel or canned frosting, pipe a small square over the center of each belt to create a “buckle” shape. Ta-da!
Served with an ice-cold glass of milk, these fun and festive treats are perfect surprise for Santa – or for your own little elves.
Happy baking to all … and to all a good night!