Ok, raise your hands … who else loves naan?
So delicious. So fluffy. So simple. If you’re not familiar with this wonderful creation, it’s an Indian oven-baked flatbread that’s typically made with yogurt, resulting in an unbelievably soft, chewy texture.
And you know what? It’s perfect for making your own home-cooked flatbread pizzas in minutes … especially on busy weeknights!
Fun Recipes + Reasons You’ll Love It
Here’s how to put a fresh twist on your next pizza night:
1. Garlic Wild Mushroom Flatbread . Wild mushrooms. Fresh rosemary and thyme. Melty cheese. Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking for ideas for “Meatless Monday,” this simple and savory flatbread is absolutely delicious. See the full recipe here »
2. Personalize-Your-Own Pizzas. Since packaged naan typically comes in a two-pack (the Stonefire brand is my personal favorite!), it’s easy to make one kid-friendly pizza and one just for the grown-ups. Or make a traditional pizza, plus one with more adventurous toppings. Try something new!
3. Mama Margarita Flatbread. Did you know that you can make a zesty pizza sauce, just by stirring 1 tablespoon Mama Mia™ Marinara Sauce Mix into 8 oz. tomato sauce? So easy!
Simply spoon it on your flatbread, and add a couple slices of fresh mozzarella. Bake at 400°F for about 8 minutes, and top with fresh basil.
4. Veggie & Prosciutto Flatbread. Loaded with salty prosciutto, crisp-tender broccolini and cheesy-creamy goodness, this restaurant-quality pizza is ready in 10 minutes flat.
5. Smoky BBQ Chicken Flatbread. Faster (and fresher) than pizza delivery! Just toss a couple naans onto a baking sheet, and spread 1-2 tablespoons of Smoky Bacon BBQ Sauce onto each one. Top with chopped rotisserie chicken, thinly sliced red onion and shredded mozzarella. Boom. Bake at 400°F for 8-10 minutes.
6. Thai Chicken Flatbread Pizza. Bold peanut sauce. Crunchy carrots and sweet peppers. Tender chicken.
With a world of exotic flavors and crispy textures, this garden-fresh flatbread is one of my all-time favorites – and my husband loves it, too! View the full recipe here »
7. Gorgonzola & Fruit Flatbread. And last but not least, don’t be afraid to experiment with unique combinations.
I brushed this little beauty with Roasted Garlic Infused Oil, and sprinkled on crumbled gorgonzola, halved grapes, prosciutto, chopped walnuts and fresh rosemary. It’s perfect with a glass of wine!
Talk about a lot of different pizzabilities, right? From naan flatbreads to cauliflower crusts, we’d love to hear about YOUR favorite pizza combinations, too. Tell us below, or share your ideas with us on Facebook.
Here’s to having more fun in the kitchen … no matter how you slice it!