One of the easiest and tastiest snacks for a backyard barbeque, boat ride or just a lazy afternoon is Simply Salsa. Just stir the mix into chopped, fresh tomatoes and it’s done! Check out the recipe here ».
Curious about the best ways to chop fresh tomatoes?
- Make sure your knife is super sharp. Sharpen it before you use it; a sharp knife will become your best friend when cutting tomatoes.
- Rinse and remove any stickers. Cut the tomato into slices, stack them, cut them into strips and then dice.
- Blanch and shock. If you prefer peeled and seedless chopped tomatoes, boil a pot of water and prepare a bowl of ice water. Rinse tomatoes in cool water and remove stickers. Remove the core of the tomato and cut a small x at the bottom of the tomato. Place tomatoes into boiling water for 30 seconds to a minute, depending on the size of the tomato. Then remove tomatoes and place in ice water.
Let the tomatoes sit in the ice water for 2-5 minutes. Once the tomatoes are cooled, peel off the skins starting at the bottom where you cut an x into the skin. Remove any little bits that didn’t come off with a paring knife.
If you want to remove seeds, cut the tomatoes in half and use a spoon to scoop out the seeds. Then you can dice your peeled and seedless tomatoes.
- Another great way to use Simply Salsa Mix: add it to a bean salad for Salsa Bean Salad. It will give the bean salad the kick it needs to be a flavorful addition to any meal. Check out the recipe here ».
- For those of you who like your salsa on the sweet side, try Crazy Simple Pineapple Salsa. It’s crazy good! Check out the recipe here ».