Bring on summer! Sunshine, warmth, longer days, lots of outdoor activities and family time. So many things to enjoy about summer. One of my favorite things is grilling. Let's face it … it's delicious and best of all, so little clean-up and dishes to do!
I love all things grilled. Chicken, burgers, brats, pork chops, steak, ribs - it's all so yummy. One of the things I struggle with, however, is what to serve as a side with my grilled meats. Enter Tastefully Simple and dilemma is solved. They have so many delicious options. Here are some I have on my list to try or have already tried and plan to make again and again. Enjoy!
The classic - potatoes
This classic on the grill can be prepared so many different ways and changed up just by varying your seasoning. They go great with just about any grilled meat, but I especially like them with steak, pork chops and ribs.
- Grilled Tarragon Potatoes
- Sweet Mango Stuffed Potatoes – Side note for you: I recently discovered the delightful combination of sweet potatoes and savory Mango Lime Sauce – OMG, so good!
- Grilled Garlic Potatoes
- Grilled Herb Potato Wedges
- Grilled Sweet Potatoes with Onion Dip
- Cheesy Potatoes on the Grill
- Bayou-Glazed & Grilled Potatoes
On the lighter side – veggies
If you are looking to lighten up your meal a little, try one of these delicious grilled veggie side dish ideas. These would be perfect with any grilled meats, but especially chicken, pork chops or steak.
- Cauliflower Steaks
- Grilled Vegetables with Dill
- Grilled Veggie Kabobs
- Ultimate Grilled Asparagus
- Garlic Grilled Broccolini
- Bayou Grilled Green Beans
- Garlic Grilled Zucchini
- Roasted Garlic Grilled Veggies
Corn on the cob
One of my family’s favorite sides in the summer is corn on the cob. Instead of just boiling it and serving it with butter and salt, here are some alternative ideas that pack a ton of flavor. Corn on the cob is literally a perfect side for ANY grilled dish, from burgers to ribs.
- Grilled Corn on the Cob
- Lime Cilantro Grilled Corn
- Mango Lime Corn on the Cob
- Fire Roasted Corn on the Cob
Mushrooms are a classic side for steaks and these flavor-packed recipe ideas are sure to be a hit.
Beans are a great side for pork ribs or burgers. These Smoky Bacon Campfire Beans are absolutely delicious and bring a whole new appreciation for delicious sides.
I hope you've found some new ideas to bring your grilled side dishes to a whole new level. Enjoy!