While some of my experiments are winners and some are … not, I have a few winners to share with you! Seriously, they will disappear and you’ll have to lie to your kids that it’s still “cooking” while you go hide in the closet … eating some for yourself before all the littles gobble it all up. (#noshame)
Oh, and did I mention Tastefully Simple dip mixes make excellent snack mix seasoning? Let's be honest - Tastefully Simple dip mixes are a great flavor booster for any meal of the day.
First up: Cheesy Pizza Snack Mix:
Add the snack ingredients to your slow cooker.
Mix up the butter and both packets of Cheesy Pizza Warm Dip Mix. If you like a less salty snack mix, only add one packet.
Cook on LOW for 2-3 hours, stirring every 45 minutes, until desired crispiness. Take out of slow cooker and put on a cookie sheet. Sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese and serve!
And if you're looking for a sweet snack, you'll have to try Sweet Caramel Snack Mix, made with Creamy Caramel Sauce.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Put dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
Heat Creamy Caramel Sauce in the mircrowave for 30 seconds and put into a small mixing bowl. Stir in 1 teaspoon baking soda until combined. Drizzle over the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
Place on a lined cookie sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes.
Remove from the oven and break into pieces to serve.
Fun ways to serve it for the kiddos!
- Origami anyone? Make a cute little boat to serve it in.
- Try a cone shaped french fry holder - yes please! Adorable snack mix holder!
- Snack baggie butterfly holder. Instructions below.
Butterfly Snack Bag
Creating little favors is easy with a resealable baggie, clothes pin and pipe cleaner!
- Fill baggie with snack mix (not too full, since you'll have to squeeze the middle).
- Clip the middle of baggie with a clothes pin.
- Bend the pipe cleaner into butterfly antennae and put in the clip.
- Decorate the clothes pin to look like a butterfly.
Easy peasy, right? And oh, so tasty! Give these snack mix recipes a try - feel free to customize cereal and ingredients to your family's liking!