Avocados are a great substitute in many creamy dressings, toppers and sides. Aside from the health benefits avocados can bring you, it's a delicious fruit that can be used in a variety of ways. It's great in guacamole as well as added to salads and sandwiches. But did you know that it can be used in these unexpected ways?
- Try chopped avocado in place of sour cream.
- Use purèed avocado in place of butter while baking.
- Instead of mayo on your sandwich, use purèed avocado as a creamy spread.
- Blend an avocado with lemon juice and your favorite seasonings to make a creamy pasta sauce.
- Slice up an avocado and use it as a topper for your favorite burger.
Try these recipes: