If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen … and into the backyard to fire up the grill for dinner tonight!
Here's a tip if you have trouble keeping proteins from getting too tough and dry on the grill: Marinate! Marinating allows meat, poultry, seafood and even veggies to absorb more moisture, resulting in a juicier, more succulent protein.
Check out a few ways to have the best marinated protein on the grill:
- Match the Marinade to the Meat! For example, marinate red meats in Avocado Oil or wine to tenderize.
- Don't cramp their style! Marinate your meat in a bowl that's big enough for mixing so all pieces are thoroughly saturated.
- Give it time: Allow your protein enough time for the marinade to do its job. Check the recipe for specific instructions.
Here are a few recipes to try out for your next grilling session:
- Honey Teriyaki Salmon
- Shallot Tarragon Grilled Chicken
- Bourbon BBQ Steak
- Grilled Turkey Tenderloin Sandwiches