- Is there a more perfect cookie bar? We don’t think so! Creamy, buttery caramel fills a chewy oatmeal crust in this irresistible treat. So easy to make – just add butter and heavy cream and bake ‘em up in 35 minutes.
- Serve on a holiday cookie tray or bring to the office party.
- Stir in nuts or chocolate chips for even more deliciousness.
- Drizzle caramel layer with warmed Rhubarb Strawberry Fruit Spread before adding top crumble.
- Prepare as directed, dividing among wells of Silicone Bar Pan. Bake about 25-30 minutes.
- Item: 765004
1 package Carmelita Bar Mix™
6 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
7 tablespoons heavy cream, (¼ cup + 3 tablespoons), divided
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, mix Carmelita Bar Mix packet 1 and 6 tablespoons melted and cooled butter until small crumbles form. Add 3 tablespoons heavy cream; mix. Do not overmix. Reserve 1 cup crumbles and press remaining mixture firmly into a greased 8x8-inch baking pan.
2. In another medium bowl, combine Carmelita Bar Mix packet 2 and remaining ¼ cup heavy cream. Microwave on HIGH for 40 seconds; stir. Spread over pressed crumbles to within 1 inch from all edges. Top with reserved crumbles.
3. Bake 30-35 minutes or until edges are slightly golden brown. Cool completely before cutting.
High Altitude: Bake 25 minutes or until edges are slightly golden brown. Do not eat raw batter.
INGREDIENTS: Packet 1: Wheat flour, oats, sugar, brown sugar, nonfat dry milk, baking powder (sodium acid pyrophosphate, sodium bicarbonate, cornstarch, monocalcium phosphate), cinnamon.
Packet 2: Sugar, brown sugar, corn syrup solids, gum acacia, modified cornstarch, powdered shortening (coconut oil, corn syrup solids, sodium caseinate [a milk derivative], mono- and diglycerides, sodium silico aluminate [flow agent]), salt, natural flavors, caramel color.
CONTAINS: Milk and wheat.
Manufactured in a facility that processes soy and egg.
Contains bioengineered food ingredients.
Certified Kosher-dairy by OU.