Absolutely Almond Blueberry French Toast Bake Recipe
- 1 cup water
- ¾ cup butter, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups half & half
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Maple syrup, fruit syrup, whipped cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Prepare Absolutely Almond Pound Cake according to package directions using water and butter. Allow to cool fully and cut into roughly 1-inch cubes.
- In a greased 8x8 baking dish, layer ¾ of cake cubes, cream cheese cubes, blueberries and remaining cake cubes.
- In large bowl, whisk together eggs, half & half, cinnamon and vanilla; pour mixture evenly over baking dish. Cover with aluminum foil and refrigerate 4 hours or up to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Remove cover and continue baking 30-35 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes; cut into slices and serve with maple or fruit syrup and whipped cream, if desired.
Rated 5 out of 5 by TSFan16 from Excellent and Simple! I give this 5 stars for flavor and simplicity. I did have to bake mine longer than the instructions say (could be my oven?). However, now that I know the baking time that I need...will definitely make it again!
Date published: 2018-09-11
Rated 5 out of 5 by BUCKEYEFAN from AWESOME!! This is wonderful. It has great flavor and is not too sweet. You don't even need to add syrup!
Date published: 2018-03-31