Artichoke & Spinach Hummus Bites Recipe
This delicious appetizers puts a new spin on hummus - perfect for your next girls' night.
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Olive oil spray
- 8 pita pockets, cut into 3 wedges each
- Coarse sea salt or kosher salt
- ¼ cup Kalamata olives
- ¼ cup roasted red peppers or pimentos
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 425°F. In food processor or blender, combine first 3 ingredients. Process until smooth. Drizzle in olive oil until creamy and smooth. Salt as desired.
- Place pita wedges on large baking sheet sprayed with olive oil spray. Generously spray pitas with olive oil spray. Sprinkle with desired amount of salt. Bake 10 minutes or until crispy but not hard. Let cool.
- Top pita wedges with hummus. Garnish with olives, red peppers, cheese and parsley. Lightly drizzle with additional olive oil, if desired.
Makes 12 servings.
Make ahead: Prepare through step 2 up to 1 day ahead. Store hummus in an airtight container in refrigerator. Store pita wedges in an airtight container. Continue with step 3.