Bayou Bourbon Turkey Burgers Recipe
- 1 pound 85% lean ground turkey
- 4 slices Swiss cheese, optional
- 4 hamburger buns, toasted
- 1½-2 cups creamy coleslawor broccoli slaw, optional
- In large bowl combine ground turkey and 3 tablespoons Bayou Bourbon Glaze; salt and pepper as desired. Form into 4 patties.
- Prepare grill to medium heat. Place patties on grill. Grill, turning once, until internal temperature reaches 165°F; on an instant-read food theremomter, about 10-12 minutes. Brush with remaining 3 tablespoons Bayou Bourbon Glaze the last couple minutes. Top with cheese, if desired.
- Place burgers on toasted buns. Top with coleslaw, if desired.
Makes 4 servings.
Make Ahead & Freeze: Prepare step 1. Place patties in a gallon freezer bag between sheets of wax paper. Place remaining 3 tablespoons Bayou Bourbon Glaze in a quart freezer bag. Place both bags in a gallon freezer bag. Seal well, label and freeze. Thaw completely. Continue with step 2.