BBQ Bacon Chicken Kabobs Recipe
- 1½ pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cuit into 1-inch cubes
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 12-16 ounces fresh pineapple chuncks
- 1 (2.52 ounce) package fully cooked bacon, halved
- 1 large red onion, cut into wedges
- 10-12 (12-inch) wooden skewers, soaked in water 30 minutes
- Combine chicken, ⅓ cup Smoky Bacon BBQ Sauce and Rustic Herb Seasoning in a gallon freezer bag. Seal well; toss to coat. Refrigerate several hours or up to overnight.
- Prepare grill to medium heat. Remove chicken from marinade; discard bag with marinade. Thread chicken, green pepper, pineapple, bacon and onion on skewers in desired pattern.
- Place skewers on grill. Grill, turning once, until internal temperature of chicken reaches 165°F; on an instant-read food thermometer, 8-9 minutes, brushing with remaining ⅓ cup Smoky Bacon BBQ Sauce the last few minutes. Salt and pepper as desired.
Makes 6 servings.
Serve with assorted melon slices.
Make Ahead & Freeze: Prepare step1. Place ⅓ cup Smoky Bacon BBQ Sauce in a quart freezer bag. Place both bags in a gallon freezer bag. Seal well, label and freeze. Thaw completely. Continue with step 2.