Beef & Potato Soup Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped red bell pepper
- ½ cup chopped green bell pepper
- 4 cups beef broth
- 3 cups frozen diced potatoes
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- In large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium-high heat, combine first 5 ingredients, ½ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon ground black pepper. Cook and crumble until beef is no longer pink, about 5-6 minutes. Drain off liquid.
- Stir in broth and potatoes. Bring to a simmer. Simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat. Stir in Philly Cheese Steak Warm Dip Mix. Garnish bowls of soup with cheese.
Makes 6 servings.
Serve with a green salad and breadsticks.
Make Ahead & Freeze: Combine first 5 ingredients in a gallon freezer bag. Place potatoes in a quart freezer bag. Place cheese in a quart freezer bag. Place all bags and unopened packet Philly Cheese Steak Warm Dip Mix in a gallon freezer bag. Seal well, label and freeze. Thaw completely. Continue with step 1.