Black Bean & Veggie Burgers Recipe
This is a great vegetarian burger! You will want to try it.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup plain bread crumbs
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 6 hamburger buns
- 6 tomato slices
- In large bowl, coarsely mash half the black beans using the bottom of a drinking glass or back of a mixing spoon.
- Stir in remaining whole beans and next 4 ingredients. Let stand 5 minutes. Form into 6 patties about ½-inch thick (patties will be loose).
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat; add patties. Pan-fry, turning once, until golden brown and cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Place lettuce on toasted buns. Top with burgers and tomato slices.
Makes 6 servings.
Serve with potato salad and sliced fresh strawberries.