BLT Pasta Salad Recipe
- 16 ounces elbow macaroni
- 1 pound bacon slices, chopped
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (10.5 ounce) container grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 4 cups finely chopped Romaine lettuce
- Prepare macaroni according to package directions; rinse with cold water. Drain. Meanwhile, in large skillet over medium-high heat, sauté bacon until crispy. Remove with slotted spoon to clean paper towels; set aside.
- In large bowl, combine mayonnaise, buttermilk, Champagne Garlic Honey Mustard, salt and pepper. Whisk until combined.
- Stir in macaroni, tomatoes, bell pepper and cheese. Toss to combine. Refrigerate, covered, 1-2 hours or up to overnight.
- When ready to serve, stir in Romaine lettuce and bacon.
Makes 10-12 servings.
Make Ahead: Prepare through step 3 up to 12 hours ahead. Refrigerate, covered. Continue with step 4.
Rated 5 out of 5 by melizabeth from Fabulous! I've made this for two pot lucks and it's been a great hit! It makes a very large quantity, so you may consider cutting the recipe in half if you have a family of 4 or less for use as a side dish. I had lots of leftovers and ate them for lunch on the following few days.
Date published: 2017-03-17