Burgers with Balsamic Glazed Vegetables Recipe
- 1½ pounds lean ground beef
- 1 medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced fresh button mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- In large bowl, combine first 3 ingredients; salt and pepper as desired. Form into 6 patties.
- Place red pepper, onion and mushrooms on a double sheet of aluminum foil. Drizzle with vinegar and oil. Salt and pepper as desired. Bring together 2 sides of foil; seal edges, making a ½-inch fold. Fold again, allowing space for heat circulation. Fold each side to seal.
- Prepare grill to medium heat. Place patties and vegetable packet on grill. Grill, turning burgers once, until internal temperature reaches 165°F on an instant-read food thermometer, about 10-12 minutes. Top burgers with cheese; grill until cheese is melted.
- Serve vegetables on top of burgers.
Makes 6 servings.
Serve with fresh fruit kabobs drizzled with Pomegranate Balsamic Vinegar of Modena.
Make Ahead & Freeze: Prepare step 1. Place patties in a gallon freezer bag between sheets of wax paper. Seal well, label and freeze. Thaw completely. Continue with step 2.