* Any fresh mozzarella will work – just cut into bite-sized pieces.
- In large bowl, combine first 4 ingredients; whisk vigorously until well blended. Gently fold in tomatoes and mozzarella.
- Wash avocados, cut in half and remove pit. Scoop out a little avocado to create a well. Removed avocado can be diced and added to tomato mixture, if desired.
- Fill each avocado half with tomato mixture; drizzle with any dressing remaining in bowl. Sprinkle lightly with additional Seasoned Salt and garnish with basil, if desired. Serve immediately.
The tomato mixture is delicious on its own, so if you have non-avocado eaters – they can just skip the avocado and still have a wonderful salad.
If you have leftover fresh mozzarella, try using it this way:
- Add to garden salads or greens
- Melt on grilled chicken
- Stir into casseroles or macaroni & cheese
- Fold into pasta salad