Caprese Stuffed Avocados Recipe
These stuffed avocados are a fun twisted on a classic Caprese salad.
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ pint grape tomatoes, halved
- ½ (8 ounce) container fresh mozzarella pearls*
- 4 ripe avocados
- Fresh basil, thinly sliced, optional
- No bake/cook
- In large bowl, combine first 4 ingredients; whisk vigorously until well blended. Gently fold in tomatoes and mozzarella.
- Wash avocados, cut in half and remove pit. Scoop out a little avocado to create a well. Removed avocado can be diced and added to tomato mixture, if desired.
- Fill each avocado half with tomato mixture; drizzle with any dressing remaining in bowl. Sprinkle lightly with additional Seasoned Salt and garnish with basil, if desired. Serve immediately.
Serving Suggestions: The tomato mixture is delicious on its own, so if you have non-avocado eaters – they can just skip the avocado and still have a wonderful salad.
Tips: If you have leftover fresh mozzarella, try using it this way:
- Add to garden salads or greens
- Melt on grilled chicken
- Stir into casseroles or macaroni & cheese
- Fold into pasta salad