Charro Beans Recipe
Bacony beans with a touch of garlic and Wahoo Chili heat make Charro Beans an exceptional side.
- 4 bacon slices, chopped
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pinto beans, undrained
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can fire roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- In medium saucepan over medium-high heat, sauté bacon and onions until bacon is crispy.
- Add remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve using a slotted spoon.
Makes 6 servings.
Rated 5 out of 5 by cookingwithkim from Another helping? Yes please! Friends gathered for dinner and the host made main dish, pork carnitas. Everyone was bringing a side dish and I made these Charro beans instead of refried beans. I made a double batch and the Garlic Cilantro Rice recipe. It was unbelievable that many came back for seconds or wanted to take some home. Both side dishes were the perfect compliment to the main dish. Sorry, no picture...too busy eating!
Date published: 2017-04-05
Rated 5 out of 5 by MommaH from Amazing! Simple & Delicious! Very quick to make and very tasty! Husband loved them! Great addition to dinner!
Date published: 2016-10-25