Cheesy Sourdough Pull-Apart Bread Recipe
Fresh, simple sourdough pull-apart bread with a cheesy twist. A perfect appetizer or side dish.
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon flour, optional
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1-1½ cups finely shredded mozzarella cheese
- In large bowl, whisk together water, small yeast packet from bread mix and salt until dissolved. Stir in Packet 1 until well combined. With well-greased hands, gently work dough into 5-inch round loaf; place on greased baking sheet. Let dough rest for 30-40 minutes in a warm place; cover with large bowl, if desired.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Lightly dust top of loaf with flour, if desired. With serrated knife, make three, ½-inch deep cuts across top. Bake 18-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool.
- Mix butter and Italian Garlic Seasoning and melt in microwave. Cut bread on the diagonal in both directions, creating a diamond pattern. Be careful not to cut all the way through.
- Gently pull apart bread and brush each row with melted Italian Garlic butter mixture and stuff with mozzarella cheese.
- Wrap bread in foil and bake at 350°F for 10-15 minutes. Uncover and bake additional 5 minutes for a crispier outside crust. Serve immediately.
Rated 5 out of 5 by tsamy from So Delicious! This recipe is so good! So much cheese. So much garlicy goodness! It's so simple to make and a definite crowd pleaser. My family is so happy to see this back for Fall-Winter!!
Date published: 2017-08-22
Rated 5 out of 5 by tasty8450 from Garlic cheesy deliciousness! This bread is so good on its own, great for get togethers, or for a side dish with dinner! It was so easy to make, just have a little time to let the dough rise
Date published: 2016-12-22