Chicken Taco Quesadillas Recipe
Need a quick meal you can eat with one hand? Quesadillas are a hearty option when you’re short on time.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 poblano pepper or green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups prepared shredded Magic Taco Chicken, thawed, if frozen
- 4 burrito-style flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Toppings such as sour cream, shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, sliced green onions, optional
This recipe uses Magic Taco Chicken. Get the recipe ».
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add peppers and onions; sauté until softened and lightly browned, about 4-5 minutes. Stir in shredded chicken. Continue cooking until heated through.
- Remove chicken and veggies from skillet; wipe out skillet. Keep skillet on medium-high heat. Divide chicken mixture among tortillas. Top with cheese. Fold tortillas in half. Place in skillet, one or two at a time. Cook until golden brown on both sides, about 4-5 minutes.
- Cut tortillas into 3 or 4 wedges each. Serve with desired toppings.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition per Serving: