Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe
- 1½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1 poblano chile pepper or green bell pepper, chopped
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 (32 ounce) container reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 (10 ounce) can red enchilada sauce
- 3 (6-inch) corn tortillas, chopped
- Optional toppings such as sour cream, shredded cheese, chopped cilantro, chopped avocado
- Slow Cooker
- In 4-quart or larger slow cooker, combine chicken, peppers and onion. In medium bowl, combine Corn, Black Bean Salsa, broth, enchilada sauce and Garlic Garlic Seasoning. Pour over chicken. Stir in chopped tortillas.
- Cook on LOW 6-8 hours or HIGH 3-4 hours.
- Remove chicken and shred. Stir back into soup. Ladle soup into bowls. Top with sour cream, cheese, cilantro and avocados, if desired.
Makes 6 servings.
Serve with a tex-mex-style green salad.
Make Ahead & Freeze: Prepare step 1 in a gallon freezer bag. Place bag in a second gallon freezer bag. Seal well, label and freeze. Thaw completely. Add contents of bag to slow cooker. Continue with step 2.
Electric Pressure Cooker Directions: Prepare step 1 in a 6-quart or larger electric pressure cooker. Cook 20 minutes on pressure cooker setting. Release pressure. Continue with step 3.