Deep-Dish Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
Creamy and packed with flavor, this Chicken Pot Pie is easy to prepare and will become a family favorite!
This recipe was provided by a guest, host or consultant. Since it has not been tested by our kitchen, Tastefully Simple cannot guarantee its results or any dietary claims.
- 1 whole roasted chicken (pre-cooked from local grocer), meat removed from bone and cubed.
- 1 pkg refridgerated pie crust (contains 2 crusts)
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 4 cups hot water
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 cans (8.5 oz ea.) vegetables: peas & carrots, corn, green beans (drained)
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley leaves, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 425° 2. Place one pie crust in the bottom of a deep-dish pie plate. 3. Melt butter in a large skillet, add onion and cook until translucent, then add chicken and stir in Garlic Garlic and Season Salt 4. Let flavors blend for one minute, then add hot water and bring to a low boil. 5. Reduce eat to low and stir in Perfectly Potato Cheddar Soup Mix 6. Add the drained vegetables and continue to stir until warmed. 7. Stir in the cream, and parsley. Remove from heat. 8. Pour the mixture into the deep-dish pan and top with the 2nd pie crust. Perforate center of crust with a few puncture holes with a fork. 9. Wrap crust edges with strips of aluminum foil to prevent burning. (remove 5 mins before finished cooking). 10. Cook in oven for about 20 mins, or until pie crust cooked and golden in color. 11. Allow to cool 10 minutes before cutting and serving.
Rated 5 out of 5 by TSfamilyof5 from LOVE LOVE LOVE this pot pie! this was so easy to make and my kids absolutely love it!
Date published: 2016-09-04
Rated 4 out of 5 by Akloppy from Made some changes....but it was good! I wanted to make this a simple dish...a one pot meal. So I did everything in my cast iron skillet and put the crust over the top and popped in the oven. I like frozen veggies, so I used 1 12 oz bag, cooked. I also did not see a need to add seasonings since the Potato Soup already has tons of flavor and enough sodium....adding anything else would make it overboard in my opinion. I drizzled in a little cream for a rich flavor, so I did not use the full amount:)
Date published: 2016-08-09
Rated 5 out of 5 by TSfan2300 from Absolute FAVORITE recipe for Chicken Pot Pie! This is the best recipe I have had for chicken pot pie! The soup mix makes this recipe so rich and flavorful! I always have left over 'filling' that won't fit in the pie crust...I usually make that into a hearty soup for later by adding additional water or chicken stock.
Date published: 2015-11-16