Deep Dish Sausage Pizza Recipe
- 1 (13.8 ounce) tube refrigerated pizza crust dough
- 6-7 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 6 ounces ground hot or mild Italian turkey sausage
- 1 cup shredded pizza blend cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray the bottom only of a 13x9-inch baking pan with no-stick cooking spray. Press and form pizza dough into bottom and 2-inches up the sides of pan. Top with cheese slices to cover entire bottom of dough.
- In small bowl, combine crushed tomatoes and Mama Mia Marinara Sauce Mix. Generously spread sauce over cheese and dough (about ¾-1 cup). Refrigerate remaining sauce to serve with pizza for dipping.
- Cut or pull sausage apart into ½-¾-inch pieces and place all over sauce. Sprinkle with Rustic Herb Seasoning and pizza cheese. Bake 30 minutes or until desired doneness.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Warm reserved sauce in the microwave and serve for dipping.
Makes 6 servings.
Serve with a green salad and Rustic Herb Dressing.
Make Ahead & Freeze: Place cheese slices in a quart freezer bag. Combine step 2 ingredients in a quart freezer bag. Place sausage in a quart freezer bag. Place Rustic Herb Seasoning and shredded cheese in a quart freezer bag. Place all bags in a gallon freezer bag. Seal well, label and freeze. Thaw completely. Continue with step 1.
Tip: Sprinkle with a combination of chopped onions, chopped bell peppers, sliced mushrooms or your favorite toppings with the sausage.