Easy Filet Mignon Recipe
Your table is waiting! For a romantic dinner for two, serve these amazingly tender and juicy steaks – ready in minutes.
- 2 (8 ounce) beef tenderloin filets
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Gently pat steaks dry with a paper towel; sprinkle each filet generously with Garlic Pepper Seasoning and kosher salt.
- Heat a cast iron or other oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat.
- Pour oil into hot skillet. Sear filets, about 2-3 minutes per side, until browned.
- Top each steak with ½ tablespoon butter; carefully place skillet in oven.
- Continue cooking steaks for 8-10 minutes, or until desired level of doneness, depending on thickness of steaks.
Makes 2 servings.