Football Truffle Cupcakes Recipe
Host a game day party? These Football Truffle Cupcakes are the perfect, festive dessert!
- 12 paper cupcake liners
- ¾ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup water
- 12 milk chocolate truffles, nuggets or kisses, unwrapped
- 1 (16 ounce) container white frosting
- ½ teaspoon green food coloring
- 1 cup white chocolate chips, melted
- 24 pretzel sticks
- 12 chocolate covered almonds
- White decorating icing
- Preheat oven to 325°. Place paper liners in a 12-count muffin pan. Prepare Absolutely Almond Pound Cake Mix according to package directions using water and butter.
- Divide batter among paper liners. Press truffles into batter. Bake 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted into edge of cupcakes (missing truffle) comes out clean. Cool completely.
- In small bowl, combine white frosting and green food coloring; frost cupcakes. Place melted chocolate chips in a storage bag; seal. Cut a small tip off the corner. Using chocolate, glue 4 pretzel sticks together creating a goal post; repeat with remaining pretzels. Set aside to dry. Pipe white chocolate lines on almonds creating football laces.
- Use white decorating icing to draw lines on cupcakes creating yard lines. Place almonds on cupcakes; place goal posts on half the cupcake; place goal posts on half the cupcakes.
Makes 12 cupcakes.
Tip: Gently press the tip of a fork into the frosting to create a grass-like effect.
Rated 4 out of 5 by CathyG from Football truffle cupcakes How do you out the truffle inside?? I’m sure you cut a piece out of the cupcakes but I’m not sure how you seal it up. It doesn’t describe it. ??
Date published: 2018-01-16