Garlic Seared Steak with Black & Blue Butter Recipe
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1½ pounds beef strip or sirloin steak
- In small bowl, combine softened butter and about ½ packet Black & Blue Cheese Ball Mix. Form into 6-8 balls. Place on wax paper. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- In small microwave-safe bowl, combine Garlic Garlic Seasoning and 1 tablespoon water. Microwave on HIGH 30 seconds; Stir in remaining ½ packet Black & Blue Cheese Ball Mix and olive oil. Rub over both sides of steaks.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add steaks. Cook until desired doneness is reached on an instant-read food thermometer (145°F for medium-rare; 160°F for medium), turning over halfway and brushing with pan drippings occasionally, about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove steak from skillet. Cover and let rest 5 minutes. Slice steak across the grain. Serve topped with butter balls.
Makes 6 servings or 4 servings + 2 leftover servings.
Serve with Bayou Bourbon Green Beans.
Make Ahead & Freeze: Prepare step 1. Wrap with plastic wrap. Place in a quart freezer bag. Prepare step 2. Place in a gallon freezer bag. Place both bags in a gallon freezer bag. Seal well, label and freeze. Thaw completely. Continue with step 3.
For remix Black & Blue Steak Pasta recipe: Place 2 servings leftover steak and butter in a storage container. Refrigerate up to 2 days.