Grilled Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipe
Grilling the chicken adds a smoky flavor that compliments the ham and cheese, and brings this dish to a whole new level.
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 6 pieces
- 1 (6-8 ounce) package thinly sliced ham
- 6 slices Swiss cheese, cut in half
- Chopped chives, optional
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a gallon freezer bag; add chicken. Seal well; toss to coat. Refrigerate several hours or up to overnight.
- Prepare grill to medium heat. Remove chicken from marinade; discard bag with marinade.
- Place chicken on grill. Grill, turning once, until internal temperature reaches 165°F on an instant-read food thermometer, about 10-12 minutes. Top chicken with 2-3 slices of ham and 2 pieces of cheese; grill until cheese is melted. Salt and pepper as desired. Garnish with chives, if desired.
Makes 6 servings.
Serve with a mixed green salad topped with fresh radishes and your favorite dressing.
Make Ahead & Freeze: Prepare step 1. Seal well, label and freeze. Thaw completely. Continue with step 2.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Lkbrowning from Huge hit with my family! Super easy to make, and my usually-picky kids loved it! I'm definitely adding it to my recipient box.
Date published: 2017-07-19
Rated 5 out of 5 by Cooking up a Storm from Delicious! Simple and came together quick! The meal was amazing even for my picky eaters. You will not turn down a second serving.
Date published: 2017-06-06
Rated 5 out of 5 by Marcy F from AMAZING Everyone loved this!!! Marinated and froze .... it got so happy! It was sooooo easy to substitute American cheese on my sons ... as he doesn't care for Swiss ! Will be in regular rotation for the summer ! Even if you don't want the ham and cheese.... the marinade is fabulous...
Date published: 2017-05-09
Rated 5 out of 5 by Tsmdw from Easy recipe and excellent flavor We had to bake in the oven tonight instead of grill (snow). Really loved the flavor of this . .. can't wait to grill it!
Date published: 2017-03-15
Rated 5 out of 5 by MelissaKirkTS from Great flavor, excellent dish! This was a meal the entire family was excited to try! So full of flavor and topped with delicious, melted Swiss....just a winning combination. We will definitely make this often!
Date published: 2017-03-13