Grilled Chicken Tortellini Salad Recipe
In the center of the plate or on the side, this classic flavor adds a pop of flavor to every meal.
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1 (19-20 ounce) package refrigerated or frozen cheese tortellini
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 3 cups chopped fresh broccoli florets
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 (2.25 ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) package Cheddar cheese, cubed
- In a gallon freezer bag, combine first 5 ingredients; add seasoned chicken. Seal well; toss to coat. Refrigerate 2 hours or up to overnight.
- Prepare grill to medium heat. Prepare tortellini according to package directions; rinse with cold water. Meanwhile, remove chicken from marinade; discard bag with marinade. Place chicken on grill. Grill, turning once, until internal temperature reaches 165°F on an instant-read food thermometer, about 10-12 minutes. Remove from grill; cool slightly and chop.
- In large bowl, combine mayonnaise, buttermilk and Artichoke & Spinach Warm Dip Mix; whisk to combine. Stir in tortellini, chicken and remaining ingredients. Toss to coat; salt and pepper as desired. Let stand 10 minutes to allow dressing to soak into salad before serving.
Wine Pairing: Chardonnay or Pinot Noir.
Make Ahead & Freeze: Prepare step 1. Seal well, label and freeze with tortellini. Thaw completely and continue with step 2.
Nutrition per Serving:
Rated 5 out of 5 by MarcyF from Sooooooo good!! This was a huge hit!! No olives for us, and only some of us like tomatoes. So i sliced tomatoes on the side with a little spring mix and balsalmic-basil dipping oil drizzle
Date published: 2018-05-07
Rated 5 out of 5 by Grilled chicken tortellin from Grilled chicken tortellini is a huge hit I made this to take to work and everyone loved it. This recipe makes a huge bowl so it's great for a group, that is if you want to share it!
Date published: 2018-04-19