Grilled Italian Sandwiches Recipe
What’s not to love about a grilled ham and cheese especially when it is prepared with our Simple Sourdough Bread Mix.
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon flour, optional
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 1-1½ teaspoons garlic powder
- 5-6 ounces thinly sliced deli ham or salami
- 5 slices Swiss or smoked Cheddar cheese, halved
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Slice off both ends of loaf; cut remaining bread into 10 slices to make 5 sandwiches. In small bowl, combine butter and garlic powder. Spread butter on one side of each bread slice; place 5 slices, buttered-side down, on foil-lined rimmed baking sheet. Top each with a slice of ham or salami, cheese and remaining bread, buttered-side up. Bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove; set oven to broil. Return sheet to oven and broil 2-3 minutes per side or until bread is lightly browned.
Makes 5 sandwiches.