- In large mixing bowl, combine ground beef and 1 packet (or 2 tablespoons for Dinner Mixer recipe) Mama Mia Marinara Sauce Mix. Form into 6 patties.
- Spread both sides of bread with butter; set aside. In microwave-safe bowl, combine crushed tomatoes with remaining Mama Mia Marinara Sauce Mix; set aside. (Reserve ½ cup marinara for remix recipe).
- Prepare grill to medium heat. Place patties on grill. Grill, turning once, 8-10 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°F on an instant-read food thermometer. Top 6 (or 4 for Dinner Mixer recipe) burgers with cheese; grill 1 minute.
- Meanwhile, place bread on grill. Grill, turning once, until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes. Microwave sauce on HIGH 1-2 minutes or until heated through.
- Place burgers on bread and top with marinara sauce. Garnish with basil leaves, if desired.
Makes 6 servings or 4 servings + 2 leftover servings.
Serve with Creamy Onion Spinach Salad.
*Note: Oblong shaped crusty French loaf such as take 'n bake (not the long soft French bread).
Make Ahead & Freeze: Prepare step 1. Place patties between layers of wax paper in a gallon freezer bag. Prepare step 2, placing bread in a gallon freezer bag and sauce in a quart freezer bag. Place all bags in a gallon freezer bag. Seal well, label and freeze. Thaw completely. Continue with step 3.
For remix Italian Burger Soup recipe: Place 2 burgers without cheese in a storage container. Place ½ cup marinara in storage container. Refrigerate both container up to 2 days.