Italian-Style Beef Sandwiches Recipe
- 1 (1½-2 pound) beef brisket or chuck roast, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can fire roasted diced tomatoes or petite diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (12 ounce) jar homestyle beef gravy
- 6 hoagie buns, toasted
- 1½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Slow Cooker
- In a 3½-quart or larger slow cooker, place seasoned brisket in bottom. In small bowl, combine next 4 ingredients. Pour over brisket.
- Cook on LOW 8-10 hours or HIGH 5-6 hours or until fork tender.
- Slice or shred beef. Place in toasted hoagie buns. Top with shredded cheese. Serve with cooking juices for dipping.
Makes 6 servings.
Serve with sweet potato fries.
Make Ahead & Freeze: Prepare step 1 in a gallon freezer bag. Seal well, label and freeze. Thaw completely. Add contents of bag to slow cooker. Continue with step 2.
Electric Pressure Cooker Directions: Prepare step 1 in a 6-quart or larger electric pressure cooker. Cook 60 minutes on pressure cooking setting. Release pressure. Continue with step 3.