Jack-O-Lantern Sliders Recipe
Even a burger is never fully dressed without a smile – in this case, a jack-o-lantern grin!
- 12 slices American cheese
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1½ pounds lean ground beef
- 12 slider buns
- Lettuce, tomato slices, optional
Special Equipment: 2½-3 inch jack-o-lantern cookie cutter, optional.
- Using a jack-o-lantern cookie cutter or free-hand with a knife, cut jack-o-lanterns out of cheese slices. Set aside. In small bowl, combine mayonnaise, ¼ cup Bacon Pepper Jam and 1 teaspoon Onion Onion™ Seasoning; salt and pepper as desired. Set aside.
- In large bowl, combine ground beef, remaining 2 teaspoons Onion Onion™ Seasoning and remaining ¼ cup Bacon Pepper Jam; salt and pepper as desired. Form into 12 slider patties.
- Prepare grill or large skillet to medium heat. Place patties on grill or in skillet. Grill or pan-fry, turning once, 6-8 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°F on an instant-read food thermometer. Top with cheese cutouts. Spread buns with bacon jam mayonnaise. Top with lettuce, tomatoes and burgers.
Makes 12 sliders.
Make Ahead: Prepare through step 2. Refrigerate in separate storage containers up to 1 day ahead. Continue with step 3.