Jack-O-Lantern Sliders Recipe
Even a burger is never fully dressed without a smile – in this case, a jack-o-lantern grin!
- 1 cup water
- 12 slices American cheese
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1½ pounds lean ground beef
- Lettuce, tomato slices, optional
Special Equipment needed: 2½-3 inch jack-o-lantern cookie cutter, optional.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Prepare Simple Sourdough Bread Mix according to package directions using water. Divide into 12 balls and place on large baking sheet. Cover with plastic wrap and let rest 30 ninutes. Remove plastic wrap and bake 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, using a jack-o-lantern cookie cutter or free-hand with a knife, cut jack-o-lanterns out of cheese slices. Set aside. In small bowl, combine mayonnaise, ¼ cup Bacon Pepper Jam and 1 teaspoon Onion Onion™ Seasoning; salt and pepper as desired. Set aside.
- In large bowl, combine ground beef, remaining 2 teaspoons Onion Onion™ Seasoning and remaining ¼ cup Bacon Pepper Jam; salt and pepper as desired. Form into 12 slider patties.
- Prepare grill or large skillet to medium heat. Place patties on grill or in skillet. Grill or pan-fry, turning once, 6-8 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°F on an instant-read food thermometer. Top with cheese cutouts. Spread rolls with bacon jam mayonnaise. Top with lettuce, tomatoes and burgers.
Makes 12 sliders.
Make ahead: Prepare through step 3. Refrigerate in separate storage containers up to 1 day ahead. Continue with step 4.